Friday, February 4, 2011

This weeks doings

Hello Everybody. There hasn't been much done on the Hampshire County lately. It has been so darn cold here in Massachusetts to work out in my unheated garage is just too much to spent time cutting wood for risers. And with over three feet of snow, moving around isn't any easier.

I have placed a big order with Lou Cross of Right-O-Way for some code 100 rail and track supplies along with some more code 125 track parts. As I am building to P:48, I have purchased frogs and guard rails from Red Cliff Miniatures. The code 100 is for an industrial siding at the end of the railroad. More of this will be shared in the design page.

I am having the sprockets and chain replaced on the drive tower for the RS-2. This is being done for two reasons. One, I'm changing the ratio to slow it down for better performance and the other because the sprockets are known for splitting. I have also replaced the Pittman motor with a high efficiency Maxon motor so I can use a Tsunami to control the RS-2. And ya know, even with our locomotives being bigger, it's just as hard to find a good location for the speaker.

Last week end was the Amherst Railway Societies Big Train show in West Springfield. I picked up a New York Central 9 panel gondola kit by Funaro & Camerlengo. They also produce a  NYC covered hopper that was used to haul cement that I want to get also. I've pretty much gotten all the production rolling stock I need. Now I'm concentrating on some of the high end kits that I want.

I have started the design page. In it will be the track plan and how I came about with it's design plus some interesting tidbits. That's it for now sports fans, so until next time, keep your wheels on the rails.

No comments:

Post a Comment