Sunday, July 24, 2011

The first project is finished......Well..almost

Hi Everybody,


Yesterday, I sat down at the work bench and started spiking the rail down on the bridge deck. it was slow at first, figuring out the best way to place the tie plates and spike rail. I got about 3/4's of both rails spiked to tie plates when I quit for the night. This morning I picked up where I left off last night.


There is still some more work to do on it. Paint the rails and tie plates, add N-B-W's and some weathering using weathering powders. The straight pins you see are there holding the girders in place. Not sure if I'm going to use them. My freind Phil (you remember Phil) did this when he built the bridge. Good thing too because I had to make a new deck. for the P48.

I was thinking of replacing the shoes for something else, but the only ones I found are made by Keil-Line, but what he has are for the really big thru-truss bridge, not this little country line plate-girder bridge. So I got out my photos of the Ware River branch and checked to see what the Central had done on these bridges. When I go into work this week I will scan them and will share them with you in the next posting, which will be more likely to be on the bridge photos.

See ya next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment