Thursday, April 28, 2011

What's new

Hi everybody,

Well, funny thing happened on the way to the mill sidings. Lou Cross(a great guy) of Right-O-Way, had sent me code 83 instead of code 100. I was able to call him yesterday. Lou said he'd get the code 100 out asap.

I haven't started the detailing of the ties yet. I need to make a sanding block and give the ties a good sanding before doing anything to the ties. I was at the "Depot" last Saturday and found another shade of brown Minwax. It's call Early American. From the colored sample, it products a grayish brown. Maybe what I'm looking for.

I also have been thinking about the roadbed and track and how it should look. With the HC, I was going to go the beginnings of signs of neglect route. But now that I've back dated to 1959, I think a better kept track work would be better. More like what the StJ&LC trackage was like. Well kept but not class 1 mainline.

See ya next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment